Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
08' T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new windscreen fitted late 2021 in my T31.When I got in the Xtrail this afternoon I noticed the black sensor box has come away from the windscreen and what looks like oil on a rubber disc left on the screen .Is it something I can re-fit or get in touch with the company who fitted screen .

Thanks All

·
Super Moderator
3,200 Posts
From factory there are no problems with any weather. Demand quality work. Here to many customers visit bodyshops few times after repairs for big panel caps or something else.
I ask my self often, why they do such a bad work. they know that many will come back. Why do they want to do free jobs, deal with angry customers?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I did notice that the side trim for the windscreen had popped out too a few months after windscreen was fitted and was flapping about while driving .Guess the fitters have to use the old trim again .I managed to put a bit of sealant under it and pop back in and hasn't come out since ,but looks like this senor needs fitting properly as seems it has a liquid inside.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rang windscreen company and these sensor units are fixed to the screen from factory, so manufacturers fault and I will be getting another windscreen fitted next week :oops:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts