Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seem to be having no luck with my X Trail at the mo!!

yesterday when driving home from a weekend of camping the needle on the temperature guage begun to rise
it got as high as the bottom of the red section and then dropped back down to normal level (about halfway) and then for the rest of the journey the needle just kept fluctuating between the two points.

when opening the bonnet and checking all fluid levels all appeared fine and nothing seemed overly hot. has done the same thing today. does not appear to be any links to the needle moving and engine/vehicle speed that i have noticed.

anyone got any ideas before i get her booked into the Nissan garage???

Cheers

Steve

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
GREENIE said:
seem to be having no luck with my X Trail at the mo!!

yesterday when driving home from a weekend of camping the needle on the temperature guage begun to rise
it got as high as the bottom of the red section and then dropped back down to normal level (about halfway) and then for the rest of the journey the needle just kept fluctuating between the two points.

when opening the bonnet and checking all fluid levels all appeared fine and nothing seemed overly hot. has done the same thing today. does not appear to be any links to the needle moving and engine/vehicle speed that i have noticed.

anyone got any ideas before i get her booked into the Nissan garage???

Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve, change your thermostat first job and see if it make any difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so picked my Xtrail up from the Nissan garage yesterday and the problem appears to have been resolved. Turns out the water level was low in the radiator... guess I missed the obvious!
The guy in the garage asked me when I had it last checked and when I told them they had only carried out a full service the previous month he wiped the charge from my account.

Now Im wondering if they did check the water last month. If they did wheres the water gone.. they reckon they have carried out a sniffer test with no signs of any leaks. Is it still gona come back and haunt me! If they didn't check the water then what else did they not do in the supposed full service!?!

Anyhow for now my Xtrail is all sorted and with no cost I guess I have to be happy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.