Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have test driven a X-trail DCI Tspec 04 plate today.

i can read manuals and books but wanted some actual opinions of folk that have driven / drive these.

good and bad points and espcially mpg

thanks for you help
:biggrin:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Probably a bit biased on here really :)

My MPG is usually late 20's but I only tend to do stupid short town journeys. Best I've had was about 38.

Cant fault the car really, drives nice, well specced. Its a bit noisy when cold, could have better ride height but apart from that its all good.
Boot is excellent, seats easy to fold flat for even bigger boot, interior materials are good and hardwearing. Takes a while getting used to the center binnicle, but no problem really. 4x4 is great and actualy works, its no Landrover but can get places you wouldnt expect it to.

Watch out for oil in the intercooler. Make sure its been serviced properly and continue to do so. Check tyres for uneven wear. The recomended PSI isnt usually the best. Most people tend to overinflate a bit to get more even tyre wear.
Also watch out for binding brake calipers on the front too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
HI, much the same the intercooler/turbo is the main prob, with the dci pulls like a train mpg low 30ish on a run 36ish..... plastics door handles inside mark up very easy,in 4x4 mode very good in snow a d mud. tyres run at 33psi other wise no outer tred left. hand brake **** as for the rest very good and nice to drive. regards...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.