Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the day finally arrived when my X Trail story has finished,, after eight years and two X Trails the journey has ended with a Fiesta 1 litre ecoboost, so thanks for your help and I hope I helped a few along the way,,,travel well,,

·
Registered
2002 Nissan X-Trail T30, 2.0 SE+
128 Posts
Goodbye and goodluck. Those Fiesta ecoboost are very nippy. Drive one from the dealer around 6 years ago.

·
Registered
08' T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
748 Posts
Yes all the best .Your lucky to get in a fiesta .I just struggle now to get in and out of low cars .I can get in and out of my Xtrail nice and easy as seat height is just right for me .I just love driving it so hpoefully hang on to it for a few more years ....MOT pending :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yes all the best .Your lucky to get in a fiesta .I just struggle now to get in and out of low cars .I can get in and out of my Xtrail nice and easy as seat height is just right for me .I just love driving it so hpoefully hang on to it for a few more years ....MOT pending :ROFLMAO:
Yes that sums me up perfectly. I switched to the X Trail from a Volvo V70 for precisely that reason. The car was lovely to drive, but I struggled getting out. The X Trail now suits me perfectly and does everything I want.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was just the same. struggle to get in and out of a lot of cars. I once sold the T30 I had an d bought a Prius for economy.
Not bad on short runs but crippled me on long ones. Got rid of that quickly and tried a T31 diesel auto. That was a rogue one I think as the dpf light came on 3 times in the 3 months I owned it. I am now back to a T30 2.5 petrol Auto and love it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks like a few are like me, old and not as bendy as I was! the x-trail is perfect for me just the right height making it easier to get in an out. My son has a Saab and it kills me getting in & out, as the say age dont come on it own. I Hope to have mine for many years to come, it's ideal in every way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello again X trailers, well it"s been four and a half months and yes I sure miss the xtrails comfort and capacity, but i"ve just checked the mpg of the Fiesta and it"s 50plus so there"s an up-side. Life"s all about compromises, but as I said,,Sure miss the Xtrail,, Stay safe,,

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hello again X trailers, well it"s been four and a half months and yes I sure miss the xtrails comfort and capacity, but i"ve just checked the mpg of the Fiesta and it"s 50plus so there"s an up-side. Life"s all about compromises, but as I said,,Sure miss the Xtrail,, Stay safe,,
Yes I can understand about the fuel economy, especially with today's prices going up every time we fill up, but I don't think I could manage with a smaller car today. Only this morning I went out to pick up a cabinet I bought of that well-known auction site, and there's no way I'd have got that in a smaller car. I don't do anything like the mileage I used to do so better mpg wouldn't affect me that much. I rarely do much more than 5,000 miles in a year now, when only a short while ago I was regularly doing well over double that. My X Trail still does much better mpg than the Ford Anglia that I had in the late 1960s did. That's despite having much more room inside, much greater comfort, and about 5 times the power. Well that's what I remind myself whenever I think about mpg these days. ;)

·
Registered
2002 Nissan X-Trail T30, 2.0 SE+
128 Posts
Was in the same boat, I had sold my X-Trail, it was burning too much fuel, more than my Focus RS! and it was no way even near as quick. As much as I loved it, the way fuel prices was rising last year, it was uneconomical running 2 cars with mpg figures in the 20's.
I now have a 1.6 petrol Qashqai J10, i am gaining nearly 20mpg more than I did with the X-Trail

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was in the same boat, I had sold my X-Trail, it was burning too much fuel, more than my Focus RS! and it was no way even near as quick. As much as I loved it, the way fuel prices was rising last year, it was uneconomical running 2 cars with mpg figures in the 20's.
I now have a 1.6 petrol Qashqai J10, i am gaining nearly 20mpg more than I did with the X-Trail
hello Green Trail, sounds like we were in the same situation , but as we usually go out together, 2 cars didn"t stack up, mind you I think I missed a trick as RS was not on the horizon when I was looking, so we are down to one vehicle and the Fiesta has done all we needed so far,,

·
Registered
508 Posts
We have only had one vehicle for many years, although at one time we had more as I liked to dabble with cars. I was always the only driver though as my wife never learned, so apart from a hobby more than one was never necessary. Although we live in a village we have a railway station within a few minutes walk and four bus routes come through here, so we aren't short of transport. They are all free for us too as we are both retired and I'm a former train driver.

The X Trail is perfect for us as it can pull our caravan, carry loads when we need it to, and it's economical enough for what we want. Plus it's a great car to drive, very comfortable, and easy to get in and out of. I don't plan on changing it anytime soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts