Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 2.0 auto has just done 60000, are there any timing belts, cam chains or anything of that ilk that need to be replaced as a matter of routine in the forseeable future?
The service book doesn't seem to mention anything about such things specifically, so am I safe to assume the engine will carry on with little attention for hundreds of thousands of miles with just a regular annual service!! :confused: Thanks, in advance, for the advice from "them that know". :thumbs:

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
IanCleveleys said:
My 2003 2.0 auto has just done 60000, are there any timing belts, cam chains or anything of that ilk that need to be replaced as a matter of routine in the forseeable future?
The service book doesn't seem to mention anything about such things specifically, so am I safe to assume the engine will carry on with little attention for hundreds of thousands of miles with just a regular annual service!! :confused: Thanks, in advance, for the advice from "them that know". :thumbs:
chain driven not belt. :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
2 ltr. petrol has the best distribution there is: chain. Must have a lifetime that's normally more durable than the whole enigine.... (That's probibly more than 400.000 kilometers, normal use) This engine was one of the most sophisticated engines in the early 2000 (Car-Magazine, 2001)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.