Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
hi pete, oil leak tricky that bottom cover beacause of the oil pump pick up pipe you cant compleatly remove it without dropping the metal pan sump and then the cast part you mentiond ie engine mount off etc i used a liquid casket the ones you get in a pressured can easy to apply and with flow controll i got a nice bead through, it is possible to get enough clearance to smear some in with your fingers maybe?

·
Registered
467 Posts
pete-H said:
hi pete, oil leak tricky that bottom cover beacause of the oil pump pick up pipe you cant compleatly remove it without dropping the metal pan sump and then the cast part you mentiond ie engine mount off etc i used a liquid casket the ones you get in a pressured can easy to apply and with flow controll i got a nice bead through, it is possible to get enough clearance to smear some in with your fingers maybe?
P.S in order to get that little bit more room you have to remove the oil pump spacer tricky but possible and even then still only just enough clearance to seal back up, the pickup pipe cannot be removed from the pump and even with the filter removed still doesnt have the space to get free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts