Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had my X Trail a few days and I can hear the timing chain rattling when on a fast idle. Dissappears under load. I suspect it will not have participated in the re-call. Do Nissan keep records and is there a time barring on this re-call. In other words can I pull up to my local Nisson dealer and ask for the fix to be carried out?

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
ajtg1952 said:
I have only had my X Trail a few days and I can hear the timing chain rattling when on a fast idle. Dissappears under load. I suspect it will not have participated in the re-call. Do Nissan keep records and is there a time barring on this re-call. In other words can I pull up to my local Nisson dealer and ask for the fix to be carried out?
Yes, they do keep records just ring your main dealer and ask for the service manager and give him your Vin number and reg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, i have an 06 2.2 DCI with 55k and a rattley engine, sounds "jingley" between 1500 and 2500 revs. It has a partial service history 12k, 24k, 36k, 52k. Will Nissan honour the recall with this service history? It is not a Nissan garage but a VAT registered independant.

I doubt the recall was done but will ring Nissan 1st thing on Monday.

reading between the lines Nissan are a bit poor in the customer services department"" :headbang:

Other than that love the X trail, great wagon for what i need.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
wobblybox said:
Hi all, i have an 06 2.2 DCI with 55k and a rattley engine, sounds "jingley" between 1500 and 2500 revs. It has a partial service history 12k, 24k, 36k, 52k. Will Nissan honour the recall with this service history? It is not a Nissan garage but a VAT registered independant.

reading between the lines Nissan are a bit poor in the customer services department"" :headbang:

Your shouldn't need doing have a read of the T30 recalls below link▼
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1328

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
wobblybox said:

Hi Wobblybox ( :lol: ) and welcome to the forum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.