Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the owners manual for my new T31 X-Trail, the tonneau cover should have two retractable parts, the main blind and a sub cover. On my car the sub cover just hangs loose and will not retract. If you recline the rear seats it just sags. Is this 'working' as designed, or is mine faulty?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My T31 is the same. Designed to allow 2nd row seats to tilt to different angles independently. The two indepedent sub-covers clip to the back of the seats but it is a faff. Retractable would have been nice.

Rambo

·
Registered
254 Posts
The niggle described still exists on my new Tekna.

Just collapsed the back seats to accomodate a large load and the flimsy sub tonneaus, which clip to the rear seats in the upright position, just hang into the load, which if muddy is not good.

Anyone come up with a neat practical solution?

Graham

·
Registered
24 Posts
I keep mine in a wardrobe at home.
I may well 'forget' to refit this when I eventually trade car in - have you seen how much these covers make on ebay? :biggrin:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yes, my wife remarked upon its floppiness, soon after it was purchased... :lol:

Aitch

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I own an T-30 and they roll back automatically, so I don't know how it is on a T-31, but...
Maybe you can do something with elastic band? Mount it at the beam, other side on the back-seat, so, that the cover rests on it. It's worth a try??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Wimbo said:
I own an T-30 and they roll back automatically, so I don't know how it is on a T-31, but...
Maybe you can do something with elastic band? Mount it at the beam, other side on the back-seat, so, that the cover rests on it. It's worth a try??
Interesting - it looks like the T30 is better than the T31 in this respect. Or they stopped them retracting because they kept retracting when they were not supposed to?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
No. There is some kind of "axel" in the trunk-side of the back-seat where you clip 'm in and I can assure you: they are tight fit then!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
i would go with the money saving idea, the cover always stays taut on my T30 and never comes away from the back seats.......another reason for me not to upgrade i think :whistle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts