Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone had any advise about cutting out a towbar slot in the rear bumper. i dont have a problem with fitting and wiring (half of which ive done) but the cutting of the back bumper where everyone can see makes me nervous.... :shock:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi there is yours a T30...... if so look at vernerbongo2 gallery pics it will show you what it will look like after you have cut the bumper.. ...put a towbar on my 1st xtrail then removed it for my 2nd you could only see the hole if you got down and looked up.... hope this helps... :thumbs:

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
hglennie said:
i was wondering if anyone had any advise about cutting out a towbar slot in the rear bumper. i dont have a problem with fitting and wiring (half of which ive done) but the cutting of the back bumper where everyone can see makes me nervous.... :shock:
Before you start cutting get some 2" masking tape and tape and starting at the bottom of bumper 6" either side of the centre line smoothing out horizontally and finish 6" above your top cut. Then make yourself a template from a stiff bit of card using the measurements that you've been given and cut it out then you can locate it on your bumper centrally on the centre line that you should of marked on the masking tape and then cut. When I did mine I drilled two 1/8" holes in the corners so it did not split when cutting top part of your bumper take a look at pdf file. When I cut mine I used a (Spear & Jackson Eclipse Hand Pad Saw 70-130R) and used the metal blade the one with more teeth and kept the cut on the waste side of the line that way you can then use a smooth file to take any sharp edges off. Note: by using the masking tape you've less chance of damaging your paintwork on the bumper.

Note: If you have difficulty viewing pdfs online, download and install the most current version of Acrobat Reader. Free Download available at http://www.adobe.com.

View attachment DT119.pdf

Spear & Jackson Eclipse Hand Pad Saw 70-130R

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.