Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.i'me fitting a towbar to my x-trail sport 2001.i got single electrics and instruction on how to do an hard wire into the loom,the problem is that they are different colours in the cars loom,i dont have a manual for the car,is it question of taking out the rear light cluster to trace the wires.

·
Registered
50 Posts
my towbar (from Towequipe) just came with a pre-wired socket and scotch-loks:eek:.

The colour codes used are.......

Vehicle............... Trailer cable
Red/Blu............... Brown & Black (there seems to be only one source) ........ Side/tail lights.
Pink.................... Red ....................................................................... Stop lights
Green/Blk ............ Green .................................................................... LH Indicator*
Green/Yel ........... Yellow .................................................................... RH Indicator*
Black ................. White ..................................................................... Earth
Blu/Pink .............. Blue ....................................................................... Rear Fog

Blu/Whi ............................................................................................. Reversing lights

* - may need to go through a warning relay (mine did).

If I was going to do it again I would use a Molex 3901-2120 with 3900-0039 contacts and the mating 3901-2121 with 3900-0041 contacts. that way, using 4 links, it would be completely plugable. I had to solder the indicator buzzer relay to the tow bar cable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Further to my earlier post and the above excellent posting I soldered short wires into the car wiring at the rear lights and crimped on female bullets
The extra wiring was then joined with male bullets making it removeable as suggested above but with several male/female bullet connections
It has been removed and used on 3 XTs
If anyone is interested on the latest XT there is a multi socket behind the LHS rear panel and I connected to that using small flat crimp on tags that are used in screw up connectors
This gave a much better contact surface area than using scotchlocks and did the job in the absence of the male plug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.