Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Got a strange problem. I have a 13pin plug on my towbar. On my old van which had the two 7pin plugs I had to use a converter lead which worked fine with the green light on the dash flashing in sync with the indicators on the van but with the new Van which has the single 13pin plug I have noticed that the green light doesn't flash with the indicators on the van even though they are working. I had a dedicated wiring harness fitted with the towbar. Wonder if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers. Martyn.

·
Registered
206 Posts
cowboy said:
Hi all. Got a strange problem. I have a 13pin plug on my towbar. On my old van which had the two 7pin plugs I had to use a converter lead which worked fine with the green light on the dash flashing in sync with the indicators on the van but with the new Van which has the single 13pin plug I have noticed that the green light doesn't flash with the indicators on the van even though they are working. I had a dedicated wiring harness fitted with the towbar. Wonder if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers. Martyn.
Does the new van have LED lights?

·
Registered
Nissan X Trail Columbia 2.2 DCi 2006
846 Posts
Hi Cowboy. LED lights will likely be the reason your tell-tale light isn't working. Unlike incandescant bulbs, LED's don't draw any current. You could fit ballast resistors to overcome this.

PS are you really a cowboy?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. That makes sense. Not a real cowboy. First name that came to mind as when I joined the forum as we had just got back from a ranch holiday in Arizona.

Cheers. Martyn.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No prob Mal. Could change it to marST1300. I know nothing about electrickery so will give ballast resistors a miss. The lights work OK on the van as the wife checks them before pulling off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.