Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
With my T31 173ps I get 38 mpg average in a mixed selection of driving. We tow a 1370kg MPLM 1143kg MIRO van which I estimate weighs approx 1250kg and get 27 MPG, when towing we try and stick to Motorways, Dual Carriageways and good A roads if possible. I don't think that's too bad. I used to tow a slightly lighter van with a 2.5tdi 150ps Audi A4 Avant, that averaged 39mpg in mixed driving and also did 27mpg towing. From these figures I reckon towing fuel consumption is about 70% of non towing consumption. That of course can change depending on how you drive and other things like roof racks,bike carriers on the roof etc.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
We drove this summer to Germany from Holland. 120 km/h was the average speed for a few hours. Behind the car a small hanger with bikes on it. Since an X Trail is steramlined like a flat, I think for a 2 ltr petrol-engine is 1:10 kilometers not bad. Not at all, if you know ther e was sometimes 150+ (km) on the meter. Consistant driving saves fuel.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Used to get very similar mpg towing our 1.4 ton van at around 50 to 55mph.

Seems to be about the norm, the in laws santa fe produced the same mileage over the same journeys.

As previous posters have said these things are about as aerodynamic as a brick! :lol:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
bryno said:
With my T31 173ps I get 38 mpg average in a mixed selection of driving. We tow a 1370kg MPLM 1143kg MIRO van which I estimate weighs approx 1250kg and get 27 MPG, when towing we try and stick to Motorways, Dual Carriageways and good A roads if possible. I don't think that's too bad. I used to tow a slightly lighter van with a 2.5tdi 150ps Audi A4 Avant, that averaged 39mpg in mixed driving and also did 27mpg towing. From these figures I reckon towing fuel consumption is about 70% of non towing consumption. That of course can change depending on how you drive and other things like roof racks,bike carriers on the roof etc.
I get about the same
Chris

·
Registered
186 Posts
My 1st xtrail was a 2005 dci only got 26ish mpg when towing the caravan 1500kg pulled it like a train,sold it due to turbo/ontercooler probs tradered it for a 2006 2.5 columbia which i had converted to lpg.Does not pull the van as well but getting around 19mpg when towing this in money terms is 38mpg 1/2 the price of unleaded. just had a flashlube kit fitted so no worries with valves.happy days.. :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.