Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, :thumbs:

Can anyone recommend any towing mirrors please?
Am after the one's that fasten on the mirror body either
by elastic or bolt.. Don't want to obscure original mirror,
so stick on type not suitable.. Would need to have large mirror
head as reversing into storage space is tight..
Bought a universal set of 4x4 mirrors from Towsure but not
impressed, don't seem to fit very well..

Hopefully going to caravan show at NEC so may pick up a bargain..

Any suggestions will be greatfully received.

Regards
akastiggy

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've got the Milinco Aero mirrors which work fine, but I did have to buy as an extra the extra long mounting bars to enable me to see down the sides of my van. I would prefer them to be bigger, but maybe they would vibrate more.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like the stick on ones, mine are suck it and see mirrors. They are convex and the remaining space on the original mirror is useable. They have always stayed on and are quick to fit and remove.

Dave :thumbs:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've used the type of mirrors that have two knurled screws on top plus two rubber straps on every car I've towed with with no problems - until I got an X Trail. The mirrors fit really securely and provide great visability. Except on narrow A roads when a truck goes the other way and the wind resistance is too much and the mirror folds in! If I see a truck hammering towards me I sometimes press the button to fold the mirror in..........trouble is at least one truck has caused it to fold before I think of doing this.

I can assure you that the first time it occurs is quite alarming!

Anyone else had this happen - or more to the point found a cure - and no, a piece of string tied to the 'front bumber' is not the answer I'm looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.