Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this that may be of interest to others with tow hitch.

Category: Motor vehicles

Product: Passenger car

Brand: NISSAN

Type/number of model: X-Trail T31

Description: 140 vehicles are affected. The affected units of this model bear the following references: JN1***T31U0, with a chassis number between 000008 and 32851, manufactured between 7 March 2007 and 4 March 2008.

Country of origin: Japan

Injuries

The product poses a risk of injuries due to a fault in the electrical kit of the trailer-towing hook. If the ignition key is at OFF (disconnected) and the intermittent warning lights are switched on, the warning lights will not be activated on the trailer attached to the vehicle. The vehicle`s warning lights function normally.

Drive safely.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I keep getting a fault with the wiring to our X-Trail, in that, when with nothing on the back I operate the indicator stalk and I get the beeping.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contacted local Nissan dealer who knows of the problem but they are waiting for Nissan UK to advise on a fix.

It is only a month since they requested information on this............................ :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:

Just been advised by my dealer that a new wiring loom!! has to be fitted and they will do mine next week.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Southdowner

Thanks for this information!

The numbers you give covers mine.

Referring to Scotties bleeping, I noticed today when towing the car trailer there is no difference in audible warning whether coupled or solo. I'll couple it up to the caravan tomorrow and check out both things.

Xacre

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sulphur man said:
I wouldn't have thought the whole loom needs replacing - just a section surely.
It is the wiring loom of the towing electrics they will change.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't follow the chassis no range as the first no has 6 digits and the second no only 5
My car was fitted with a Witter towbar by an independant fitter but the socket(behind the LHS rear trim) for the 12N wiring was used
I usually test my caravan lights with the emergency flashers and all seems Ok after 1000+miles towing
My chassis no is 019616 if its the last 6 nos on the VIN/chassis frame No in the reg doc :roll:
Is the danger that there is a risk of collision with rear of the caravan if stopped in emergency with lights thought to be flashing a warning etc :?:
I wonder if having the keyless ign affects the wiring loom at all in this instance :ugeek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JohnG

Check with your local nissan dealer. My tow bar was also fitted by an independent supplier and was not a nissan tow bar.

My dealer checked and there was no need to make any changes as the problem as far as I understand is only with nissan tow bar and electrics.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks
I tried plugging in and using hazards
It was OK on the van and the bleeper sounded/lights flashed with ignition on and off :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the recall letter and went in to the dealer who said that they needed the car for a day
I asked if it was necessary as they had had an independant tow bar fitter fit the towbar and 12N wiring for me when the car was new
The young lady said that it was necessary and went off to see if it could be done on Friday morning
Several minutes later she returned to say that it wasn't necessary to have the check as my car was fitted with a non Nissan tow bar and electrics :roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts