Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Cowboy,

I tow with mine. I have a light van (Bailey Ranger) with a MRO/ MTPL of 1105/1315KG respectively. I'm not hugely experienced but have been towing for a few years. I find the T32 to be fairly dependable. It holds speed fairly well on inclines but you'll probably be cruising in 5th most of the time. Overtaking slow moving traffic needs a bit of a run up - there's not a lot of oomph from low down when you need to get past something on smaller roads. The lack of low-down torque is frustrating at times but I can live with it. The electric hand brake is very handy. The video review on Practical Caravan sums it up perfectly.

Rik.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hI

I tow an Elddis Avante with 2.0 Acenta 4wd plenty of power, easily tows on country roads and will easily exceed the UK limits, does 26-28 mpg towing and van doesn't upset the handling and with this engine you can use 6th gear when cruising at 55-60 mph.

Have towed from rural Argyll to other areas of Scotland on A/B class roads and 2 trips to Wales so experience of variety of routes.

The car replaced a Vauxhall Antara and is both quieter and faster accelerating plus is much cheaper to run - Antara 22mpg max when towing and around 38 solo, x trail regularly hitting 50+ mpg solo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.