Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a great week in Kippford in Dumfries - excellent weather all week and stayed in an amazing area. Had to take a trip up to Glasgow (my old home before I moved south) Usually go much further north to Nethy Bridge or Grantown on Spey as the fishing on the Spey is great.
Round trip of around 1100 miles (did give it some stick on the motorways, within the legal speed limits of course :whistle: ) and worked out I got around 28mpg.
Don't know if this is good or bad but really enjoyed the drive so who cares :lol:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Daveyboy. Welcome to the forum by the way. Scotland was great but didn't get in any fishing - maybe another trip later in the year for that. I fish for salmon and sea trout on the Spey and was lucky enough to have a couple of goes on the Findhorn (up near Nairn) some years ago. Never caught a monster, 6.5lb maximum fish ever caught. No fancy gear required, start the day on a dry fly, spinners and wet fly mid-day, dry fly in the evening.
If caught nothing by the time it's dark by then I drop a torch into the river and take out the old Purdey 12 bore.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vandy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
EthanEdwards said:
Thats exactly what my T30 2.5 Auto gives on a run......which us exactly why I run it on LPG these days. :thumbs:
How much did the gas conversion cost, How does it compare to the diesel model?
Got a 52 plate di looking to update but don't fancy a dci due to the turbo probs.
Cheers
Herald

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.