Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just to share my experiences with attempts to "UP" my Torque , to tow a large van;]
I have a 2003 2.2DDi X Trail Sport, with apparently a Denso Ecu.
Getting a Tuning box for this model is an ordeal in itself! When i have obtained a Tuning box (which i have had 2), the car goes into limp mode at the earliest inappropriate moment!
I decided to bite the bullet and pay the extra and get a re map: I have the wrong Ecu apparently, the Bosch is ok, but the Denso is a PIG!
Has anyone who has this model had a decent tuning box or re map???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cliffy, i have not gone under the bonnet looking for the ecu, but i believe it is either wired, or is where the diagnostics are plugged in, under the steering wheel.
The only way a tuner could see if i had Bosch or Denso Ecu, was to plug in and read the data

·
Registered
43 Posts
ofat1 said:
Hi, just to share my experiences with attempts to "UP" my Torque , to tow a large van;]
Getting a Tuning box for this model is an ordeal in itself! When i have obtained a Tuning box (which i have had 2), the car goes into limp mode at the earliest inappropriate moment!
I decided to bite the bullet and pay the extra and get a re map: I have the wrong Ecu apparently, the Bosch is ok, but the Denso is a PIG!
Hi, I also have the 2.2 Di sport X on a 53 plate and was thinking of getting a tuning box.

Could you tell me/us which ones you have tried please? Hopefully I can benefit from your experiences!!

Cheers Stuart.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Stuart, First tuning box was from Germany, company has disappeared as quick as it arrived!, the second Box was from Diesel express, excellent customer service, no hassle 90 day money back guarantee .
I am now in the process of sourcing a company who can re map my Ecu, to get better torque for towing my caravan.
Any body got any leads?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Rover said:
ofat1 said:
Hi, I also have the 2.2 Di sport X on a 53 plate and was thinking of getting a tuning box.

Could you tell me/us which ones you have tried please? Hopefully I can benefit from your experiences!!

Cheers Stuart.
Race Tune AKA PWCars have it listed. I have bought a car from them - and they are supremely helpful but I can't help when it comes to how good their remaps are.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive sourced a tuning box for the 2.2 Di I tok advice re remap and tuning box the box setup won, it will be delivered tomorrow ill start a new thread under performance tomorrow once instlled etc

Ill take pics etc as well, its coming from a UK firm that have been trading since 2005 with cracking reviews and feedback

Fingers crossed

Thanks
Neil

·
Registered
85 Posts
ofat1 said:
Hi Stuart, First tuning box was from Germany, company has disappeared as quick as it arrived!, the second Box was from Diesel express, excellent customer service, no hassle 90 day money back guarantee .
I am now in the process of sourcing a company who can re map my Ecu, to get better torque for towing my caravan.
Any body got any leads?
Dude hold back on the remap, Denso and Bosch are the Injectors from what i understand, the firm ive found can supply a common rail connection or a direct injector connection PDI kit

My common rail connection tuning box will arrive tomorrow fingers crossed

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cliffy said:
Ive sourced a tuning box for the 2.2 Di I tok advice re remap and tuning box the box setup won, it will be delivered tomorrow ill start a new thread under performance tomorrow once instlled etc

Ill take pics etc as well, its coming from a UK firm that have been trading since 2005 with cracking reviews and feedback

Fingers crossed

Thanks
Neil
Hi Neil, certain I know which company you are using. Not going to p**s on your chips though. :mrgreen: It has "DT" in its title somewhere?? The MD is called Andrew?? All very secretive eh!!

A friend runs a garage (main dealer not nissan though) but I didnt know until sunday that he also uses this firm and really rates the kit.
He has a unit put to one side for me but it needs a different wiring loom. He has just text to say its being shipped tomorrow.

If it is the same supplier it will be interesting to see what results are acheived from both our cars.

Cheers Stuart :thumbs:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wait with great expectations!
let me know as soon as you have given it a "good seeing to"

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Rover said:
Cliffy said:

Fingers crossed

Thanks
Neil
Hi Neil, certain I know which company you are using. Not going to p**s on your chips though. :mrgreen: It has "DT" in its title somewhere?? The MD is called Andrew?? All very secretive eh!!

A friend runs a garage (main dealer not nissan though) but I didnt know until sunday that he also uses this firm and really rates the kit.
He has a unit put to one side for me but it needs a different wiring loom. He has just text to say its being shipped tomorrow.

If it is the same supplier it will be interesting to see what results are acheived from both our cars.

Cheers Stuart :thumbs:
Stuart ur spot on, no secrets but i wanna take pics etc of what i get in the kit

Also it gives good info to any other possible users, ive seen nothing but positive info on this firm

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This thread now moved to "performance modifications" section, under the thread "DTUK Red Power System Tuning Unit/ Chip"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.