Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has any body fitted a turbo dump valve to there X Trail ? do they work, and do they save the turbo and is it worth fitting ? cheers.

G

·
no no and no.
I wouldnt bother fitting a dump valve as you will see no gains, more than likely issues with afr.

Most car companies will fit a dump valve if required, normally a recirc one and not a VTA making the big wooosh noise. Unless your running a high bhp petrol turbo i wouldnt even consider it

·
Registered
81 Posts
Diesels don't have a throttle body so you wouldnt get the right affect anyway, i.e. pressure build up on lift off. As jonjokes says you're probably just going to get engine issues in that the ECU will read it as a boost leak.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Only charvers driving subarus wearing Burberry hats and barbour jackets fit dump valves too loose power on there cars so they get there whoosh sound when changing gear ... as already mentioned if fitting one to anything go with a resirculating dump valve to keep the power ... personally prefer turbo chatter on gear change sounds much better ... I'm in a jap performance club with friends having cars running anything between 200+ too 2000bhp and mention a dump valve on there they chip together and buy you Burberry and barbour clothing :-D ...ok al shut up now lol :whistle: :thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts