Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My turbo failed the other night. :cry:

It was in a very busy area and I couldn't stop immediately. Had to get to a place where I wouldn't block the road. Thought the engine was on fire at one point, there was lots of noise and lots of smoke. Then had to move the car again because the recovery vehicle couldn't get access to where I stopped!

Thanking my lucky stars that the warranty still has a few months on it. The dealer is taking it in on Saturday.

Wish me luck...

·
Registered
385 Posts

I had a turbo failure well the hose actually on the new style Jeep Wrangler :cry: :cry: Only trouble was we had our caravan on the back with our 4 dogs in the rear of the car and we were on the M6 heading home managed to get of the motorway and the AA came to our rescue. The car was sold 2 weeks later. :D :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turbo has been replaced under warranty. :D

Crawley Down Garage had it turned around in 3 days. I was amazed!

Must have been the exhaust side that had gone (my best guess) as they don't seem to have done anything to the exhaust or cat.

The jury's out on keeping the car. Don't really want to sell it, and it seems to be fine. First sign of turbo noise and it'll be PX though! ;)

G

·
Intercooler problem.

Just had my intercooler changed today at 33,000 miles (not uncommon, I know). While they did this (under warrenty, I should add), they changed the boost sensor which was the subject of a recall. It seems that some X-Trails may have a boost sensor failure which could cause the turbo to give up the ghost. According to the service department, when a sensor in any X-Trail fails, the sensors in the cars produced before and after are changed as a precaution.

However, the replacement sensor failed as soon as it was installed! So I'm still galloping about with the old one.

Bring back traction engines, no sensors in them!

Roger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts