Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry all...me again!

My 2004 dci 2.2 4x4 has a whistle when accelerating (around 2k rpm), doesn't seem to have loss of power, no smoke. Now I've always had this noise from ownership with mixed views from people that the turbo is going /its normal.
I've replaced the intercooler , see no further oil leaks. For a trailer test it pulled 2.5ton up a hill (It did need foot flat to the floor in 1st but know its over wieght)

Do other owners have a turbo whistle for this model?

As always really appreciate your time
Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry all...me again!

My 2004 dci 2.2 4x4 has a whistle when accelerating (around 2k rpm), doesn't seem to have loss of power, no smoke. Now I've always had this noise from ownership with mixed views from people that the turbo is going /its normal.
I've replaced the intercooler , see no further oil leaks. For a trailer test it pulled 2.5ton up a hill (It did need foot flat to the floor in 1st but know its over wieght)

Do other owners have a turbo whistle for this model?

As always really appreciate your time
Mike
Hi Mike, did you find out what was causing the whistle? My 1.6 DCI (4x4) 2016 model had a very similar sounding issue. Low whine on acceleration (between 1.5/2 revs only), no loss of power or smoke. In the Nissan dealership right now and I'm told it needs a new turbo. :-(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts