Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
The note in the driver side car door states that if there are only 3 or less persons usually in the car, it should be 32 pounds per square inch(if tyre size is 215/65/r16).. correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi

Mines a 2008 and pressures according to the door pillar vary tremendously from front to back and loaded or not. (with a full load I think its 41 front and 38 rear - just 2 up 33/30 - all figures from memory)

My previous 04 model didn't vary much at all

Xacre

G

·
Hi spm1801
Ref. your tyre pressures, you must look on the door pillar to check 'cos not only can the pressures vary with load, they can also vary with wheel size. My 2005 model shows two possible wheel sizes on the door pillar so presumably yours will too.
Roger

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just replaced the rubbish Dunlops with Vredestein Wintrac Extremes in 17" 235 55. Went to their website for the pressures and they gave 38psi rear and 35psi front for 215 65's, not what I expected at all. Pretty unheard of to have higher pressures in the rear tyres of what is essentially a front wheel drive car. Used these pressures and found that there is virtually no understeer any more and handling in the wet is superb.

The Wintrac Extremes are described as a winter tyre with special low temperature compound, however, Vredestein also say that they are a good all year tyre. Tyres are marked M+S as you would expect. Price for a set of four £495, which I reckon is good for a premium tyre. I have used Vredestein on a Jeep cherokee and a Ibiza Cupra and have found them to be good under all conditions, on the Cherokee they coped with off roading remarkably well.
Just goes to show that if you change tyres it may well be an idea to experiment a bit with pressures. Understeer can be improved by changing the rear pressures, this helped a lot with my Disco after it was upgraded suspension and power wise by Warwick Banks.

Be interested to hear if anyone else has tried playing with the pressures.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Totally confused...... My xtrail was picked up three weeks ago from a local dealer and it was

33 at the front 30 at the rear, the tires according to the door with 4+ passengers should be 29 and 36....... this could explain why i have had dire MPG....

Some of you on here are stating more at the front and less at the rear, that must be as you have different tyres or maybe a current model as mine is prechange 07.

:?:

·
Registered
84 Posts
It makes sense to me to have higher pressure at the front.

Don't forget that with 2 up you have the engine and drive chain weight plus 2 adults in the front half'ish of the vehicle. More weight = higher pressure

Xacre

·
Registered
186 Posts
My first xtrail was a 2005 dci with 215/17 and the outer tread front and back had worn down (Dunlops) with the correct tyre settings on the door. Now i have a 2006 2.5 same size tyres and i run them at 34psi all round and the wear is spot on,put 39psi in rear when towing it has a much better ride as well on the road . :thumbs: mark ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts