Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I was wandering what tyres you all are using and how much road noise you get from them, I am guessing a A/T tyre will have more road noise than a road only tyre but has anyone found a good middle ground tyre.
I know you get alot more running noise from a 4x4 over a saloon but finding a fairly quite tyre with good grip would be nice or am I better off looking for the holy grail.

Mark

·
Registered
209 Posts
OK since nobody else has responded..my 2p.

Dunlop Grand Trek - Really Long lasting not especially noisy but that really depends on the surface your travelling over. Reasonable grip.

Goodyear Wrangler- I've found these much grippier esp. in the wet but nowhere near as long lasting again not noticed any difference much in the noise.

I haven't tried anything else... Pir . skorpion etc...yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine came with Bridgstone Duelers. I'm pretty happy with them, they were really good in the snow and ice this winter and they're pretty quiet on the motorway at 80mph or so. I've actuallly been quite pleased with the cabin noise as I imagined that it might be a bit less refined than it actually is, although how much of that is down to tyre noise is anyone's guess without a reference point to compare to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys I was beginning to think I was alone on here, the spare on my car is a grand trek I beleive it was the stanard fit from new. I was thinking of trying them next time and use the spare so save a few quid.

Mark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.