Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Advice required on tyres please. I have a 55 plate 2.2dci aventura and currently has the same tyres as when I puchased it 2nd hand in 2007. even though it came from main dealer, it was supplied with:

Rear x 2: Dunlop ST20 Grandtrek All Season M&S / 215/60R/17/ 96H
Front x 2: Continental ContiPremium Contact 2 / 215/60R/17/ 96H

Since owning the car, was never really impressed with the MPG until had the vehicle re-mapped by the dealer. Made slight difference, since then the car is being used alot more now on normal roads, never off road. The MPG is still not great, but I presume to be expected with heavy X-Trail.

My question is, my front tyres are starting to wear and will need replacing soon. What is the opinion of other X Trail users out there with regard to tyre choice. Do I get 2 more Dunlops to match the rear or change all 4 at great expense to a better tyre (if current ones are naff), in the hope of getting better mileage and wear from another brand?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Dunlops were the original fit tyre and are Ok if nothing special, they can tend to wear quickly around the edges if not kept slightly over inflated.
I chose to stick with the Dunlops when I replaced my fronts, but rotated the rears to the front and put the new on the rear, only to avoid leaving old tyres on the car for too long.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I put Pirelli Scorpion STR's on the front of mine as the Dunlop's were shot at at only 14,000 miles of normal driving. Massive difference in grip with the Pirelli's and about £35 a tyre cheaper than the dunlops!

·
Registered
85 Posts
xtruck said:
I put Pirelli Scorpion STR's on the front of mine as the Dunlop's were shot at at only 14,000 miles of normal driving. Massive difference in grip with the Pirelli's and about £35 a tyre cheaper than the dunlops!
Ive got the Scorpions as well great tyre great grip, been driving around in 14inchs of snow with no problems

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have Cooper Weather Master on the front of mine - and um - they are superb in nasty conditions. I tried brute force and ignorance in an icey car park and they still gave traction.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
23k miles on the original dunlops and still got 3 to 4 mm left.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Yokohama Geolander ATS, all terrain, all weather. They are a bit "noppy" (Right word??) but makes no different for the noise inside. At the back: Toyo ?? Gonna be changed before wintertime (4 mm now) into the same as the front tires. I have my car for 2 months, so: no further experience with these tires. So far, so good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts