Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Vandy said:
Good post about the brakes Umbongo viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3878

Very helpful with good pics. Have been admiring your tyres -are you happy with them?
Vandy, these are for my off road fishing outings and are a very good tyre and not that noisy on the road either. I get in some very rutted tracks and when it's muddy the Grandtreck are impossible as the side walls are to soft and you've no grip even on a wet field too.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Good help in these hard times.... Only one thing: beware of brake fluid on your painting: it will come off/damage your paint surface... (VERY agressive stuff...)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Excellent Post.

Just bought a 55 plate X-Trail this weekend, although under warranty I may do the brakes myself, there is judder when slowing down hard on the motorway, would you think the rotors are warped?

If so, perhaps I should take them to the dealer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just done the pads & discs on ours as it was juddering when you braked from high speeds. Doddle of a job, got the parts from Brakeparts.co.uk including p&p it only came to about £70. The whole job took about 2 hours.
Cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll try Westway first, if not covered (Wear item?) even though it did it on the way home I'll do them myself.

Might have to purchase a more heavy duty hydraulic jack though - mines a bit weedy I think. (Halfrauds 2 Tonne).

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you know how to check the rear brake pads for wear? Mine is a 2.5 Sport 2004, advised to get them changed soon, around 70,000 miles so is likely to be due. I've been quoted around £90 by Merityre. I've heard it's quite easy to replace them but can't see any online guides. I'll have a go if it is easy, any advice or pointers?

·
Registered
299 Posts
avqz said:
Do you know how to check the rear brake pads for wear? Mine is a 2.5 Sport 2004, advised to get them changed soon, around 70,000 miles so is likely to be due. I've been quoted around £90 by Merityre. I've heard it's quite easy to replace them but can't see any online guides. I'll have a go if it is easy, any advice or pointers?
You should be able to see the pad when you look at the caliper as it meets the disc. there was not much pad left at all on mine one side and the other was down to the rivets. :/
My brother in law just changed mine for me. Just as well as I could have probably managed the Pads themselves but the bolt on the passanger side caliper was rusted to hell and had to be drilled out.
Pads cost me £30 so £90 including fitting doesn't sound too bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all
have to take a look at the brakes on the missus' xtrail soon as they are juddering under semi hard braking - warped front discs? - and thought I'd have a look on the forum for any tips or anything else I should look for. I saw this post but the link below doesn't seem to work...or am I being a bit thick?

Also noticed a bit of an oil leak recently. Doesn't seem to be anything major as there's no oil under the car if left for a few days and the level is still high but will try to remember to take a pic and see if I can get your thoughts.
Cheers
M

Vandy said:
Good post about the brakes Umbongo viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3878

Very helpful with good pics. Have been admiring your tyres -are you happy with them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.