Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XT was once again at the dealers this week. However good news and a first rate service from the dealer.The oil leak on my car was traced to a split intake pipe. This pipe was split at the point where the pipe connects onto the turbo charger. Whilst at the dealers they reprogrammed the ECU. The ECU now waits for ten DPF cleaning failed incidents before putting on the amber warning light.

The dealer explained that you dont know when the engine is performing a DPF cleaning cycle, if you arrive home and turn the ignition off in the middle of a cleaning cycle, then this is classed as one failed attempt. The dealer told me that a new fifth injector has been fitted to new XT's. This injector injects fuel into the exhaust to increase the exhaust temperature which clears out the DPF filter.

They also carried out a regeneration of the DPF filter, this meant that my engine oil had to be replaced, It was only changed two weeks ago as part of my M2 service.

So it's wait and see, but again I must praise my dealer Firsway Nissan in Leigh Greater Manchester.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I thought it only did the cleaning cycle when the light was on? It has come on twice for me and driving at 50+ for about 17 miles did clear it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply Chris. I can only assume that my dealer is correct. My DPF light has illuminated approx 6x in two years and I would have thought that it would have regenerated more times than that.

Have you had any problems with your XT ?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
No problems at all, but I would expect that at only 15K miles. The DPF is a pain though on the 2 times it occured were when we were on an extended holiday on the Isle of Mull. There being only one road on the island where you can do 50 mph and its only about 8 miles long. The 2 occurances were only 500 miles appart at about 12K miles. For now I am putting it down to poor fuel / very short low speed journies on the island (bird watching spots). If it happens again, or when it is serviced in Feb I will discuss it with my dealer and hopefully get it reprogrammed like you have had done.
We go to Mull atleast twice a year and I don't want to be looking for the light all the while. If it did go into limp home mode the nearest dealer would be 80 miles + one or two ferries away in Glasgow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My DFP light has came on quite a lot and i hardly ever drive under 50mph but if you look at your clock the average mph is only about 30mph so i don't know if the DPF works with the real spead or the average.
I spoke to a dealer and he said that it wasn't speed you need to clean the filter its revs as you need the heat to burn the particles.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts