Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded my factory single din radio(clarion) with a sony head unit today, quite easy except for the screws that attached to the radio itself, I ended up drilling them just to detached the factory radio, It was a pain at the backside :headbang: ,, all the rest were easy,, added 3.5 mm jack to back aux input, drilled a hole at the back of the lower compartment and tread it there(for external aux player). Also connected rca at the back in preparation for my subwoofer connection later on( and a remote trigger wire, just hid it under the passenger seat for the time being.)

I added some layers of double sided tape around the new HU to make sure that there would be no visible gaps(new HU is a bit smaller than the factory stereo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

like the new mod :thumbs: . You mentioned that it was a pain to remove the old head unit :confused: roughly how long did the whole job take. I'm looking to change mine v soon.

Marty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did some researched before I started everything to make sure I have all that I need(correct wiring adapter and necessary rca's that i need), so kinda knew what i was doing,, It took me 2 hours to do everything,, but minus the bleeding screws that attached to the factory headunit for being too tight, I bet you can do it in 45 minutes, even less.... good luck with yours,, pretty happy with my new HU sounds better as well even with just the factory speakers. Ill just going to add a 200w sony Xplod active subwoofer and i will be done with mine(just simple cheap mod). ;-)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Added an active subwoofer today, (took me an hour) and my god! :eek: , I couldnt believed the sound improvement eventhough im still using the factory speaker plus a cheap and cheerful tweeters...I think that is it for me :gathering: ...no more upgrading(hopefully).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts