Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would show all my new arm rest. I know Wimbo has already posted his new arm rest but now at least you all have 2 to look at!

The PDF file below has photos and details of construction - let me know if you need any more info. To open the PDF file left mouse click it - it is safe to open and has been virus scanned so no worries :thumbs:

Left click on file link below

Attachments

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Vandy said:
Hi Dave

All made from scrap off-cuts. Bought the leatherette at an auto jumble for £5.00 a couple of months ago.
Hey Vandy

Well done! Fits well, nice look with the leatherette. Only one question: Did you put foam under the captioning? (It makes the rest softer) And your concerns about making the rest too long for using the handbrake, I can underscribe. I put it a few centimeters backwards 'couse I had troubles changing gear... and the handbrake as well. Therefore, I made it so, it can stand up right in a 90 degree angel as well. So you should only use it on long trips. It avoid blue ellbows... :lol:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Wimbo

Yes - put a thin fairly firm foam on the actual armrest as didn't want it too hard but also didn;t want it to get "elbow dents" if this makes sense? I tried a few difeerent lengths and found anything longer than this one would definately get in the way of the handbrake - I've got an auto so this wouldn't have been a problem but in a manual car it would.

I may consider converting it to make the armrest (the lid part) sliding so that when on a long journey you can slide it forward - maybe 50mm - 60mm or so? Really don't know if it's worth the effort though?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Vandy said:
Hi Wimbo

Yes - put a thin fairly firm foam on the actual armrest as didn't want it too hard but also didn;t want it to get "elbow dents" if this makes sense? I tried a few difeerent lengths and found anything longer than this one would definately get in the way of the handbrake - I've got an auto so this wouldn't have been a problem but in a manual car it would.

I may consider converting it to make the armrest (the lid part) sliding so that when on a long journey you can slide it forward - maybe 50mm - 60mm or so? Really don't know if it's worth the effort though?
Don't think so. You use it only outher town, highway drives. At least I do. I put it up-right at towndrives. Sliding.... no not for me anyway. I made it ajustable in hight, just becouse my wife wants it to drive too and she's a bit smaller than me.
Remember also: Whe you put it too far backwards, beware of folding the seats! Maybe they come on top of it? Did not try it yet... You have your holydays now? If so: spend a little time to see my album here!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I did a sliding conversion I would make it slide forward from it's existing position - still don't think it's worth the effort though :smile:

Had a look at your album - boy, you sure like Datsun/Nissan don't you? I've always had German or French cars before (well a few British cars years ago I have to admit)
Love the XT and think Nissan are pretty good.
My wife drives a Toyata RAV4 and before that she had a Honda CRV - she wouldn't go back to a car I don't think. The XTrail is my first 4x4 and I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.