Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's possible to view a DVD through the satnav screen or how easy it is to set up?

G

·
it is actually possible. but you need to have an external dvd player. You can buy cheap ones off ebay for about £15 but you wouldnt have the touch screen functionality. But yes it is possible

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I am confused! Mine doesnt have the touch screen facility anyway. (It's a 59 reg Tekna) Do you have any ideas on how to wire up an external dvd player?????

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It would be illegal in the UK - any video equipment is not allowed to be seen by the driver.

Though I think I have heard of one manufacturer do a special screen that shows the driver sat-nav info while the front seat passenger views a video on the same screen - it's a bit like a Fresnel lens.

·
Registered
40 Posts
jonjokes12 said:
it is actually possible. but you need to have an external dvd player. You can buy cheap ones off ebay for about £15 but you wouldnt have the touch screen functionality. But yes it is possible
Touch Screen?? :confused:

The only Nissan sat nav to have that is N-tec which is in the Note and Qasqai!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
John Willett said:
It would be illegal in the UK - any video equipment is not allowed to be seen by the driver.

Though I think I have heard of one manufacturer do a special screen that shows the driver sat-nav info while the front seat passenger views a video on the same screen - it's a bit like a Fresnel lens.
i drive the new 2010 range rover vogue (belongs to my boss) and that has this very system instaled and from what i have been told BMW's have had this system for a while now
i must say it is very good and the freeview reception is also very good on the move

1 - 7 of 7 Posts