Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

webasto heater

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Ahto42 
#1 ·
Finally got my auxiliary heater fitted. Decided to get it fitted at my mates garage, (mates rates of course), also got a auto sparks to wire in the cars own fan so that it didn't cause problems with the climate control. The heater is plumbed into the coolant system, it then heats the coolant and pumps it through the heater matrix, and then through the engine. When I get up in the morning, I turn it on via remote control, the heater starts up, the car fan comes on and 30mins later I have a nice warm, defrosted car with a pre heated engine. The engine doesn't need help from the glow plugs to start, nor does it have the cold engine death rattle that makes us all wince. :grin:

#4 ·
The webasto costs from £800 upwards, depending on how its operated. You can have a simple on/off button, a digital timer, remote control or even use your mobile phone.
Expect a days labour to have it fitted. It is possible to fit it yourself but you will need a ramp and a lot of patience. A big box of swear words would help as well.

www.parkingheater.co.uk
www.webasto.co.uk

#5 ·
I paid £650 for a Clifford G5 650MKII with total window closure, Intelistart and headlight actervaction last May

The alarm spec is:
•Central Locking output with On-board Door Lock Relays (where vehicle has central locking as standard)
•Thatcham Approved (Category 1)
•Dual-Circuit Imobiliser
•Includes two new style 5-button Transmitters
•On-board door Lock relays with double pulse lock/unlock capability*
•BlackJax Anti-Carjacking System*
•Dual-Zone Proximity Sensor*
•SSPS5 Battery Backup Siren with Data-link and 6-tone capability
•Dome Light Supervision
•3 Programmable Aux channel outputs
•Total Closure capability*
•Normally Closed Input
•Programming upgrades (grid jump)
•Programming upgrades (PIN free programming, grid jump, etc)

The blackjax feature is brilliant heres the blackjax spec:
BlackJax5
Anti-Carjacking and Vehicle Self Recovery System

BlackJax is Clifford's unique anti-carjacking response system that puts personal safety first while using innovative advancements to ensure that users can recover the vehicle themselves. If an armed car thief approaches - whether at a stop light or in a parking lot (where most carjackings occur) - immediately turn over the keys and remote and let Clifford technology take over.

Fully automatic: No buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. Quick response: BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle.

Immediate vehicle self-recovery: With the vehicle immobilized a short distance away, the owner can recover it. No special tracking units, monthly fees or per-use charges. Just follow the sound of the BlackJax siren, then enter the PIN code. That's it - it's sabotage-proof. The only way to turn off BlackJax is with a secret user-selectable PIN code. If the carjacker tries guessing codes at random, BlackJax actively ignores his code entries for the next few minutes.

InteliStart Spec:
IntelliStart
Remote Engine Starting Accessory

Suitable for manual and automatic gearboxes, IntelliStart allows you to start the car before you get in. In the summer you can use IntelliStart to cool the car down via its air conditioning and in the winter, use IntelliStart to warm both the engine and interior. Just the touch of a button starts the engine, but leaves the doors still locked and the alarm still on.

#9 ·
Hi Cliffy

The Clifford system interesting. I must be missing something though because if you hand the keys over to your car-jacker, how does the Clifford system know someone else is driving it? Do you have to set something before you give the keys away? Quite a few years ago I tried to develop a system that would do a similar thing but combining it with a Tracker system so that if your car is car-jacked, you pressed a button before leaving the car and Tracker would wind down the ignition system and obviously have full location of it too. (You don't want to be around when the armed car jacker gets out though - he ain't gonna be too happy!) I thought the idea could also be adapted to give the Traffic Police a way of stopping cars in a pursuit. At the time the idea was deemed to be "dangerous" and not worth pursuing? (Think this system is available legally in the USA now!) Good job I didn't show them the "optional extras" I came up with then if they thought that was dangerous: doors lock, CS gas through air vents and 30,000 volts through the head rest. Now, that I can see as being a smidge dangerous :lol:
Cliffy, The Clifford sounds good and all being well you will only need to use the "nice" parts of it. Safe driving mate.

#10 ·
I plan to add Eberspacher d5wsc with remote switching on.
Have searched the ESM Climate section, but have not found that the climate control ECU supports Aux heating.
So i am thinking: connect only the blower fan with the heater, or connect the power so it activates climate control to operate the airmix door to max warm.
when in connect only the blower fan, i think that the cabin warming is not so efficient. My temp setting is 23-24c. The airmix door may be, may be not in fully warm. Flow direction is half windscreen, half feet anyway, so no problems with that.
Positive side is, it needs less juice from battery.

When i power on the climate control i believe the air mix door adjusts it self to max warm, because the ECU senses that the inside temp is much lower than on the dial(24C). The fan speed is set to half all the time.
Downside is that it needs more juice from battery.

So who has parking heater installed, and how is your blower fan turned on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.