Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrived at my T31 by a roundabout route from liking a T30 in a dealership 15 or so years ago. And being told in no uncertain terms that I wasn’t to buy another Mercedes when I started looking for a diesel to go back on the commute.

A month in, she has her foibles but drives more or less as I’d expect. The previous owner has managed to crush the drivers seat bolster in less than 60k miles but it’s not really a problem.
I was thinking why do I need such a big car. Then I remembered two massive tip runs with the rear seats down (were not DIY types but a lot of wine seems to have arrived in large cardboard boxes and things break), then there was taking no2 son to Uni seems to need all the space, and of course taking a dining room table round to a friends. Then no1 son borrowing it to go Mountain Biking.

A most comfortable long legged utility vehicle. It’s really rather growing on me.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yes I came from a T30 Columbia to a T31 Adventurer .Main reason was the extra room in the rear and I absolutely love those undertrays .I find the gearbox is more suited too as that first gear on my T30 was awful .I love having heated seats ,fuel economy is about the same if better and engine quieter .I had a very good set of wheels and tyres from the old T30 so have kept them when the T31's get tired .I had a pedders lift on the T30 and made the drive a bit harsh at times .My T31 is somewhere in between a standard T30 and one with a Pedders now which is real nice .The shape is nice too and doesn't look out of place with modern cars even being 13 years old.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well I'd always like them after seeing one at the Outdoor Exhibition at the NEC years ago when a Columbia was there with tent on roof and tent in trailer.......................many many years later having been first Volvo then Saab for 12 years I had a very quick powerful tuned Saab 9-3 TTiD Aero Estate. Like a guided missile when on full song and 60mpg!! Having had black labradors for 36 years Volvo and Saab estates were fine but our latest black lab is from a special field trails dynasty called Drakeshead. Bred purely for field work and trials unknown to me at they are much taller in the legs than my others; by as much as 2 - 3 " and a few kilos heavier. Very quick dogs and run all day but still look slim. It became quite apparent in back of Saab as he grew he ended up stooping while sitting due to the low roof (never an issue with previous which were much smaller dogs - normal size!) so I went on hunt for a new car. Since Dec 2019 I have owned my 2011 T31 Facelift Tekna which is absolutely ideal for him and for the other truck I carry to and from building sites etc. Although when I bought it it was original 173hp and the better engine I changed all fluids and had Celtic tune so now 221 hp and still avergaes 44 mpg getting over 50 on runs. It;s now on 183k and still sweat as a nut!!!! When time comes I have no idea what to replace it with!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Originally looking for a T30 (due to budgetary constraints) to replace my Volvo V70. I needed a car to tow a caravan and with room in the back for holiday stuff and a dog cage, and due to back problems I needed one with a higher driving position than my Volvo. Main constraints were it had to be diesel and it had to have an auto gearbox. I haven't owned a car with a manual box for decades. Then I discovered that Nissan didn't actually make a diesel-auto T30, so I bought a Hyundai Tucson but I wasn't impressed. I really liked the X Trail but diesel-auto T31s that I could actually afford all seemed to be for sale 200 - 300 miles away! After owning the Tucson for 11 months, I finally found the car I was looking for about 15 miles away, then another one turned up also a similar distance away. I ended up buying the second one.

Why did I want an X Trail? Well it met all the above requirements and I just liked the styling. I looked at several other makes and models but none appealed like the X Trail. What will I replace it with? Well if I am still fit to drive when my T31 is beyond economic repair, it will probably be another T31, the face-lift model. I must admit the T32 doesn't appeal as to me it just looks like any other SUV, not a "real" X Trail. Even if I had unlimited funds, no new car has the same appeal to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts