Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I though it might be worth starting what i hope will be along thread on the different oils people use and sources to share best practice

i know the general though seems to be using 5w40 fully synthetic- if nayone has a costco card they have this at £31 for castrol edge in 4litre

they also do mobil1 in 5 litre 0w40 at £28 which i was considering anyone else use 0w40 as this seems a good price

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've got Mobil1 in mine but not sure of grade? ... Was thinking of putting that magnetec in next time as mines got over a 154k on now ... not sure what to do lol :whistle:

·
Registered
209 Posts
ASHCROFT said:
4 so far, what is the difference between 0w40 and 5w40 then with regards to using in the xtrail
Only difference is that 0W will be more fluid at very low temperatures and therefore puts less strain on the starter. How that relates to the XT...dunno.

At operating temp both at 40W will be the same.

What does the XT manual say it requires?

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
EthanEdwards said:
ASHCROFT said:
4 so far, what is the difference between 0w40 and 5w40 then with regards to using in the xtrail
Only difference is that 0W will be more fluid at very low temperatures and therefore puts less strain on the starter. How that relates to the XT...dunno.

At operating temp both at 40W will be the same.

What does the XT manual say it requires?
Nissan now use 5w40 in the Diesel YD engine Di and DCi. Have a read of this post in full below ▼
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1604

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.