Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just brought a x-trail 2004 2.2 dci sport it has full main dealer service history & its due a minor service, should i have it done at a main dealer or take to another garage to be done. As ive heard that some main dealers are exspensive & try to rip you off.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi RMS,

Welcome to the forum. :gathering:

It is my understanding that Nissan have extended the warranty on the Turbo
ONLY to Five years or 93,00 miles whichever the sooner... Anyone please
correct me if this is wrong...

When my x-trail is five years I will be using a local independant garage as I find
main dealers to be very expensive and not good value for money.

I am sourcing genuine replacement service parts from the well known auction site
for future servicing as main dealer parts are very expensive..

Best wishes
akastiggy :biggrin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
You should shop around and find the best value for money, i've had my x-trail for 3and a half years and have always got it serviced at nissan. It gives me peice of mind that there familiar with the type of car and know what to look for, and also i've had 3rd party warranties in that time that say i need to use a franchised dealership or network garage(nationwide autocentres etc). But saying that i always tell them to do no extra work other than the agreed servicing with contacting me and if they say something else needs doing i check with other mechanics to see if this sounds right and then find the best price.

If its got full service history i would get it done at Nissan for the first time, as long as the price is right and then see from there, see the dealer experiances thread for ideas of service prices. Also i never get an M.O.T done at a garage, rather a M.O.T centre, as they can't make any money on work that needs to be done, it costs them more if you fail and they have to point out anything that needs keeping an eye on. The DVLA website now allows you to check your car's previous M.O.TS and gives you any previous warnings or failiures

1 - 3 of 3 Posts