Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a couple of questions: Does anyone know the Xenon headlamp bulb type - there seem to be 3 different fittings available but Nissan have just told me they are just called Xenon bulbs, and they can supply them! Funnily enough, they also tried to convince me that that the full beam bulb was an H4 - ah, the joys of using main dealers who know their products inside out. :headbang:
Anyway, second question:
The Nissan manual says, "to prolong the life of Xenon bulbs, do not turn off for short periods, for example when waiting at traffic lights." When you flash the lights both the main beam and full beam come on so you are flashing the Xenon bulb! Can this be re-wired so that you only flash full beam? (without the need for a complete new wiring loom, new suspension, body panels and interior as Nissan may suggest, sorry, that's unfair)
I just hate not being able to get a simple reply from the dealer - I accept they aren't an advice centre but you would think they would try to at least, appear intersted if not helpful? Every good site should have a resident Victor Meldrew so as usual am doing my best. Keep on trukin!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi Vandy,

The HID bulb is a 12V - 35W D2R type.
The High Beam bulb is a 12V - 55W H1 type.

Unfortunately you cannot stop the HID from coming on with the High Beam when you flash to pass.
The connections are all done in the headlamp combination switch rather than in the external wiring.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kev. Many thanks for the info - sorry to bleat on in my post but I do get frustrated at main dealers. Will be changing my Xenons as they are going a bit pink and keep my Phillips Extreme H1 bulbs in there. Thanks too for the air intake info you sent me - between you and Umbongo on this site, everyones X Trails should go on for years. Keep it up mate. Vandy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.