Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking under the Xtrail earlier, and at the back on the passenger side is something I couldnt figure out.
It seems to have a rubber pipe conecting to it from further along the body towards the engine, then it turns into a round plastic thing with a white plastic open ended pipe coming out of it and the rubber pipe contines through the round plastic thing and into the bumper. Also next to the round thing seems to some kind of bracket and clip that looks like it should be holding something.

Might try take a picture tomorrow, as I cant describe it very well.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible, but wouldnt explain the straight through pipe. Looks like its connected to the fuel tank, so could be a fuel overflow??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I just bought my first X-Trail (2006 SE Diesel) and noticed exactly the same thing - odd rubber (drain?) pipe arrangement in behind the rear passenger side wheel arch (petrol filler door drain?) and a bracket that looks like it should be holding something but isn't.

Also the plastic clips along the back of the black rear bumper protector have all snapped so it wont clip onto the bumper cover. Can I get a replacement protector cheaper than via a Nissan garage? What is the part number or proper description?

Any help welcome!
Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts