Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi xtrail gurus.

im wondering what sort of mileage I could realise from my xtrail T30 DCI ?
so far ive covered 138000 miles and engine still feels strong and pulls well :boxing:
any one out there with galactic miles???
anyone have a typical engine life expectancy?

i love my xtrail ,,, best motor ive ever owned !

cheers Ricky

·
Registered
467 Posts
well im on a 170000+ and looking forward to the big 200000 i dont realy do as much miles as i used to so it may take some time :) but i have done lots of work to get this far and more to come this spring gearbox replace, clutch a few cvboots and a general tidey up service and clean brakes etc, rust the biggest enemy keep that in ckeck and drive with care be gentle the harder you push it the quiker the old parts will giveout dont go off roading all the bushes will probabley crack or fall apart ;-) .

·
Registered
524 Posts
My daughters 06 Columbia has covered 199k miles and still runs well ,just passed MOT the other week with 1 advisory on a tyre , bodywork ,engine,emissions all good.

·
Registered
790 Posts
My old T30 dci had done just shy of 150000 when I sold it 18mths ago. Still see it around now and again so still racking them up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys and girls!
so 199k + has it at the moment.

i look after the ole girl, mines a 56 plate Columbia model which is lovely.
ive owned it for 1.5 years so far,

ive done a major service when i got the car,
wheel bearing (rear,)
and an interim oil and filter change last week.
that's about it so far.
considering it only cost £1300 i think i got a real bargain.
its a great work horse and well looked after.
i intend to keep him going as long as i can.
oh and my wife named him.... "Gordon" :roll:
i don't know but it kind of reminds me of Gordon the power house engine from Thomas the tank engine...
anyone remember him?

any advances on 199k ????????????????

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
best4x4xfar said:
Hi xtrail gurus.

so far ive covered 138000 miles and engine still feels strong and pulls well :boxing:

cheers Ricky
My TSPEC Has done 186 thousand .If i still needed to go to Carlisle every two weeks it would have been well over 200 Thousand.Regards Barry

·
Registered
394 Posts
On another forum we have an active member whose 2005 2.5 T30 just topped 410,000 kms. She recently had to replace her timing chain, and the engine is now running fine. I have since learned that timing chains do in fact have a replacement interval. Should be replaced every 200,000 miles or 320,000 kms. Its a tough one for some as the cost of the repair is pretty much the same as the value of the car at that point.
Her case is kind of cool in that she bought the x trail used bit over 5 years ago with over 240,000 kms on it for a bit over 5K Cdn. It has not been without the usual maintenance issues but its been pretty darn reliable and been relatively inexpensive for an older couple.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Quadraria said:
On another forum we have an active member whose 2005 2.5 T30 just topped 410,000 kms. She recently had to replace her timing chain, and the engine is now running fine. I have since learned that timing chains do in fact have a replacement interval. Should be replaced every 200,000 miles or 320,000 kms. Its a tough one for some as the cost of the repair is pretty much the same as the value of the car at that point.
Her case is kind of cool in that she bought the x trail used bit over 5 years ago with over 240,000 kms on it for a bit over 5K Cdn. It has not been without the usual maintenance issues but its been pretty darn reliable and been relatively inexpensive for an older couple.
When I first acquired my daughters 199k mile Xtrail for £450 it had a knackered DMF so changed that and the clutch.Firstly though I had taken the timing chain covers off to check the chain hadn't wore out and made it run like it had, but all looked fine.I took the tensioners out and chains off and replaced with a lower mileage set from a breaker I had acquired earlier in the year.She wanted to spend as little as possible to get on the road but Dad did the work for free :lol:

Even with 199k miles I could have left the original chain and tensioners on but thought at the time it was easy enough to swap over.When I took the rocker cover off there was quite a build up of sludge through to I think irregular oil changes so had to flush engine out.I think with regular oil changes this engine could do twice that mileage now.Bodywork and underneath were in great condition so had to get it back on the road.She has had a couple of hiccups with the general running recently but so I put a good SCV on it but played up again and hopefully that was down to the fuel filter, so that's now been done and she hasn't had any problems yet.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well mines only just done over 98k miles, mostly all original bar a CV joint last month and a SCV 8 years ago. Maybe I'll win the prize for longest ownership, 15 years from new!

·
Registered
524 Posts
StevieJ said:
Well mines only just done over 98k miles, mostly all original bar a CV joint last month and a SCV 8 years ago. Maybe I'll win the prize for longest ownership, 15 years from new!
Wow 15 years is good going .I always seemed to change my vehicle every year or so but my I just can't bear to part with my 06 Xtrail as it's been ultra reliable .Just doesn't seem right to get another motor now when the going is so good even though I fancy a change.The only thing that puts me off is not having an auto box in it.I might look into a T31 auto in the future though.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Guess I win this contest. Nearly 3000 kilometers on the gauge!! :whistle: :lol:
So, what do I get??

·
Registered
467 Posts
a free bottle of anti dandruff shampoo on its way :biggrin:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Spook to a chap late year, and he had 450,000 mile on the clock. It was starting to lose water and put some water leaking stuff in and solved that. Pulled a big trailer with digger on it mast of the time. Just shows that it is small journeys that do all the damage to the engine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
just a small 93K although its had a hard life -

New Front Suspension
New Rear Suspension
ARB Links
2x Rear Calipers
Front Brake Lines
Full Exhaust System
3x alternator belts ( Tried cheap first, then gates and finally a genuine nissan)
Oil Catch Can Mod

Soon to require a new intercooler, turbo, timing chain, vac pump chain..

..maybe I should just sell her on :lol:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
best4x4xfar said:
Hi xtrail gurus.

cheers Ricky
Hiya Ricky Dont know about the highest milage.What about the fastest.I have done 129 mph on the German Autobahn,and cars were still flying past me Regards Barry

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Mine has done 188 thousand miles now and would have been well over the 200 thousand if we still had to go to Carlisle every two weeks from Scarborough.In six years it has only had a starter motor ....which as i i was with the AA FOR PARTS AND LABOUR cOVER it only cost me £20 excess.Had a Forrester before the xtrail another good car.Regards Baz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts