Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I HAVE NOTICED A WHINNY NOISE FROM THE N/S/FRONT WHEEL, IT GETS MORE NOTICABLE AT SPEED. IAM THINKING IT COULD BE A WHEEL BEARING ? HAS ANY BODY HAD ANY PROBLEMS LIKE THIS OR DONE ONE?

·
Registered
50 Posts
just after buying my x trail in jan this year I noticed a whinning and a woo wooing noise from the front wheels, the whinny noise sounding very much like worn diffs, bearings or drive shafts. When I got the car serviced by Days the Nissan dealer they could find nothing wrong but did not do a road test. I then rotated the tyres from front to back and the noise changed from front to back also. Took the car to kwik fit who immediately diagnosed tyre stepping, where the block of tyre tread wears more on the trailing edge creating small steps, hard to see if you don't know. I have since read about lots of garages that have automaticaly replaced diffs and bearings whithout looking at the tyres. Apparently stepping can be caused by worn suspension bushes but my tyre dealer reckons its just faulty rubber compound. :shock:
jus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.