Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am installing some reversing sensors and I am having trouble finding the reserving cable.

I have taken the rear brake light unit off and there is a black wire and a Green and White wire going to the reversing light. I have tried to chase this back to the run of wires in the boot but there doesn't appear to be the same wire.

Any help????

Cheers :headbang: :headbang:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi iam buying an xtrail 2006 columbia and wanted to know if you removed teh bumber to fit the sensors or just fished the wires as i want to fit sensors. any advice or tips would be good
Cheers

John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JohnG89 said:
Hi iam buying an xtrail 2006 columbia and wanted to know if you removed teh bumber to fit the sensors or just fished the wires as i want to fit sensors. any advice or tips would be good
Cheers

John
Hi John,

I was going to take the bumper off but as it turned out I didn't need to.

If you unscrew the fog light housing in the centre of the bumper you will be able to feed through the cables (I used to TV aerial cable to support the sensor wires.

Once I had the four sensor wires in the middle of the bumper I fed them through the gromit just to the right of the fog light.

The reversing unit sits neatly under the part of the boot where the jack is. Its the easiest place to find the reserving cable too - see above!!

Took me about 4 hours to fit in total! Most of the time was measuring and re-checking before I drilled into my bumper and hunting high and low for the reversing cable!!!

Now going to install a toggle switch under the steering wheel to switch off the sensors when towing!!!

Hope this helps :thumbs:

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
simonhill4 said:
JohnG89 said:
Cheers

John
Hi John,

I was going to take the bumper off but as it turned out I didn't need to.

If you unscrew the fog light housing in the centre of the bumper you will be able to feed through the cables (I used to TV aerial cable to support the sensor wires.

Once I had the four sensor wires in the middle of the bumper I fed them through the gromit just to the right of the fog light.

The reversing unit sits neatly under the part of the boot where the jack is. Its the easiest place to find the reserving cable too - see above!!

Took me about 4 hours to fit in total! Most of the time was measuring and re-checking before I drilled into my bumper and hunting high and low for the reversing cable!!!

Now going to install a toggle switch under the steering wheel to switch off the sensors when towing!!!

Hope this helps :thumbs:
WARNING when working on steering wheel you must remove the ground - BLACK cable from battery and leave for 10 mins before any work on it or you risk getting injured from Air bag premature deployment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Umbongo,

Thanks for the advice - although I should have been clearer :oops: - I don't intend to put a switch on the steering wheel itself but down on the blank switches, next the switch for the wing mirrors.

Cheers :smile:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cheers for the reply should make fitting the sensors a lot easier , I had considered using the fog light for access but as i dont have the car yet didnt know where the access point would be.
so big THANK YOU :thumbs:

·
Registered
1 Posts
:bow:

I'd just like to say thank you for the info which everyone put on here, this helped me massively with fitting sensors to my xtrail, it didn't take long using the info on here and they work perfectly.

Cheers :thumbs: :smile: :bow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.