Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Im now the proud owners of a 2007 SE 2.2 dci in silver. Ive already bought some rubber mats & Im after some parking sensors, Ive seen some on ebay from Dolphin £50 & colour coded has anyone some recommendations

Thanks

Tess

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jus
Are they Ok to fit, do they work,did the colour match the car. All I want is the beeper & not the display or the camera, which did you get. Did you fit them or get someone to fit & how much did he charge

Thanks

Tess

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Tess, I got a good colour match but it can be hard to tell from the colours when theyre on the internet compared to your actual car colour. They are dead easy to fit yourself as the correct sized drill bit is supplied with the kit. Just make sure you measure and mark carefully. I used the kids wax crayons to mark then wipe off. Remember when all marked up measure and mark again, as it's too late once you've drilled. I havent finished wiring up yet as I have been waiting to finish my towe hitch as well, hope to finish this week. I did do my wifes Suzuki and it is easy if you use scotch connectors which just clip over the wires to be connected using a pliers. I cant remember if the sensors came with connectors or if I got them all with my tow hitch. If purchased seperately they only cost about £1.99 for a pack. When wiring the vehicle black is earth and the reverse wire should be blue/white. The wiring info below was posted by The Mad Hat Man and may be of interest and is in the T30 towbar fitting section.

The colour codes used are.......

Vehicle............... Trailer cable
Red/Blu............... Brown & Black (there seems to be only one source) ........ Side/tail lights.
Pink.................... Red ....................................................................... Stop lights
Green/Blk ............ Green .................................................................... LH Indicator*
Green/Yel ........... Yellow .................................................................... RH Indicator*
Black ................. White ..................................................................... Earth
Blu/Pink .............. Blue ....................................................................... Rear Fog

Blu/Whi ............................................................................................. Reversing lights

all the best and Ill let you know when I finish
:p jus

·
Registered
50 Posts
Finished wireing my reversing sensors this afternoon the wire colours supplied by the mad hat man did not all match my 05 x trail, whilst the black earth of the sensor goes to any black wire in the loom, the red wire of the sensor was connected to yellow wire with a thin green stripe,not the blue/white wire. Other differences to the wireing are relevant to towe hitches and I'll post them in the how to page. Other than that it's a little fiddly exposeing the wires but not worth paying someone else to do it.
:thumbs: jus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.