Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I need a pair of tyres, the standards are 215 65 16. I fancy some wider ones & Ive seen some Nexen 225 60 16 at £48.00 each supply only from Rotation Uk. Has anyone used these tyres

Thanks

Tess

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone got General Grabber AT/2s on their X-Trail and how have they done in the recent snow? Very tempted (and can anyone offer size advice, is it best to stick with the 215/65r16s?)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I recently got a full set of the Grabber AT2's and they are very good in the most recent snow / slush / ice, but I've only had the X-T a couple of weeks so don't really have anything to compare them to apart from the Goodyear Wrangler HP's that were on it (HP's are not A/T tyres and they were at the end of their lifespan)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a set of Yokohama Geolander AT's after one of our site members recommendations.

Terrific, I was well impressed. Even going up a steep hill in snow and ice, with no problems at all. Didn't even switch on the Lock.

I did a fair amount of mileage in the snow, everyone else sliding about, except me. Great Tyres. :grin:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
bazzer58 said:
I have a set of Yokohama Geolander AT's after one of our site members recommendations.

Terrific, I was well impressed. Even going up a steep hill in snow and ice, with no problems at all. Didn't even switch on the Lock.

I did a fair amount of mileage in the snow, everyone else sliding about, except me. Great Tyres. :grin:
That site-member was me.... :thumbs:

I have these from the beginning (bought the car) and I'm verey, very satisfied with the Geolanders.

Just a reminder: since your contact with the road is only 50 cm2, never repaeat do never buy cheap tires of a not known brand. For yoyr safety.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks Wimbo

Great advice.

Only regret is that I didn't get the tyres with a bit more depth, not only to improve ground clearance but it might have made the speedo a bit more accurate!

I am still thinking about the spacers that they do in Aus. They seem to have had great success with them without too much difficulty in fitting etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
henry

I run my X Trail on wranglers during the year and General Grabbers in the winter and being in the Highlands have to be sure, they perform great no complaints. £85 each found them good value as well.

Rob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone please tell me the best tyres to get for my xie, I tow a caravan through fields and don't really want to get stuck. I have Pirelli scorpions on the front and dungplops on the back. Tyre sizes are 215 60 17.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No 215/60 All Terrain fitments available for 17" rims so you can't can't do much about it unless you get a set of 16" rims. Mind you I have been very surprised how capable the Pirelli's are offroad so you might be fine with them.
Neal

·
Registered
706 Posts
i am going to purchase scorpions, when mine require changing, theres quite a few members swear by them, if you do a search for tyres on the forum, i am sure plenty of threads and posts will show on what type of tyres members use

·
Registered
669 Posts
mattyowen1 said:
Can anyone please tell me the best tyres to get for my xie, I tow a caravan through fields and don't really want to get stuck. I have Pirelli scorpions on the front and dungplops on the back. Tyre sizes are 215 60 17.
I have the same tyre set up as you & they get me round some soggy camp sites & most of the pubs on The Wirral! But then again I am not towing anything. :biggrin:

·
Registered
16 Posts
in the same situation i have 17" and would like opinions on any of the following as the next best thing to all terrains

bridgstone dueler hp sport
continental premium contact 2
dunlop grandtrek st20
goodyear efficient grip
michelin latitude tour
pirelli scorpions

any comments most welcome

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.