Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windscreen fogs up when starting first thing in the morning. I've tried the controls in every position and it's always the same. Any ideas? My colleagues have the same problem, (we have 3 identical cars.

·
Registered
115 Posts
craneman said:
Windscreen fogs up when starting first thing in the morning. I've tried the controls in every position and it's always the same. Any ideas? My colleagues have the same problem, (we have 3 identical cars.
Mine does the same, asked in the local wilco motor factors store and they say its due to the cabin filter being old and not changed enough - apparently the pollen clogs gets damp overnight and then fogs up the srceen when the demister is used !
Until filter change only use the demister after car has warmed a little bit and then should be ok.

·
Registered
86 Posts
craneman said:
Thanks for info, I,ve had the same thing on a Vectra. Where is the pollen filter?
I've just bought a pollen filter off e-bay and would like to now where it goes???
No rude replies please....

akastiggy :thumbs:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi
Pollen filter is below/behind the glove box passenger side, take out box - fixings at each corner inside bottom, and then should see the rest, a bit of fascia has to come off below glove box i think as well, i've been told its a 45 min job including the walk to kettle and back.....

On saying that I've yet to do mine...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Robbo said:
Hi
Pollen filter is below/behind the glove box passenger side, take out box - fixings at each corner inside bottom, and then should see the rest, a bit of fascia has to come off below glove box i think as well, i've been told its a 45 min job including the walk to kettle and back.....

Nice One thanks :thumbs:

Will have a go when the weather warms up a bit....

akastiggy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We spoke to Smiths Nissan and got the same info. Sounds like a job for the workshop guys.

Thanks
Craneman

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi

Workshop guys fitted pollen filters to our 3 X trails. No more misted screens so far. Thanks again. Craneman :bow:

·
Registered
16 Posts
On some cars, it might be an idea to make sure there is no slight dampness in that area of the cabin floor caused by heater entry duct drains becoming blocked with tree debris etc. In some types this results in rainwater accumulation leaking into cabin.
In my X-Trail, this misting does occasionally happen, but the aircon clears it pronto. The cabin filter gets replaced yearly.
IUTLS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Robbo said:
Hi

My brother has also encountered this fog thing on his X-trail's windscreen most of the time. So we decided to ask some friend who are also driving X-trail and they mentioned checking the acc cabin filter. When we check it, it was already full of dust and other dirty stuff plus small insects on it. Then my brother bought a new cabin filter at ebay and it was really easy to install. It only took my brother about 30 minutes to replace the filter.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
akastiggy said:
craneman said:
Thanks for info, I,ve had the same thing on a Vectra. Where is the pollen filter?
I've just bought a pollen filter off e-bay and would like to now where it goes???
No rude replies please....

akastiggy :thumbs:
Have a look at this link - scroll down and open "glovebox" PDF file (you'll need to left mouse click the PDF file)

http://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1989

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well mines just turned up off good old Ebay ... nearly half the price of Nissan and its original nissan parts ... and yes took about ten minutes too fit ... Job done!!!!! :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts