Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

new on here, so sorry if this is covered somehwere else on the forum and I've missed it (did a quick search, but couldn't see anything).

Some kind, considerate soul took the wing mirror off my 06 Aventura the other day (and bu%%ered off of course), housing and glass broken, so need a new one - my local Nissan dealer have quoted £330 for a replacement. Apparently they come primed and then have to painted - but on the basis I can pick one up off the internet for £75 brand new and £30 to have it painted, I'm coming to the conclusion that Nissan are having a proverbial laugh.

I know there are risks re colour matching (although presumably this also is the case with Nissan doing it, but you have more come-back if they mess it up I guess) - but has anyone used a company/supplier for wing mirrors before - good? Bad? Any recommended or should be avoided?

Also, in terms of putting the new one on myself, how easy is it to do? Any tips much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know this doesnt solve the problem, but my Xtrail has chrome wing mirror covers, so you cant actually see what colour they are, if you can get a spare wing mirror from a scrap yard or something that isnt the right colour, then that might be an option.
Im not a big chrome fan usually, but the mirrors actualy look quite nice and not out of place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.