Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
David from downunder in Australia, i have a 2008 ts dci , my turbo has stopped working, have done 313,000 klm, is it worth fixing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Leafy, how do you know if it's only the turbo. Car runs smoothly, no other symptoms except motor symbol on dash and no boost power. Is it safe to drive as it is?

·
Super Moderator
3,200 Posts
A failed turbo usually whistes, or if oil seal is failing, then blue smoke from the tail pipe.
Worth checking the boost control solenoid valve. Search youtube - x-trail no power.

·
Registered
08' T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
749 Posts
Yes boost control solenoid is top of list and if not that look at the exhaust gas pressure sensor and pipe for a blockage by turbo as this will affect performance .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions/advice, took it to my mechanic yesterday, booked till Wednesday next week, left it there hoping it would be done before, phone call today saying it was ready to be picked up.It was the boost control solenoid valve,used his code machine to see what the problem was, he didn't think he could get one, ordered one, in supply, delivered in a couple of hours, finished job plus changing a fuel filter i had, unbelievable service, there were about 10 vehicles waiting for work to be done, a big thank you to all again

·
Super Moderator
3,200 Posts
Glad we could help. Guessing is not proper diagnosis, but a few of us have had this problem and thanks to YT, it sometimes can guide to right repair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts