Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a brand new Xtrail in Jan 2009 and my wife and I have really enjoyed driving it.

That was until out of the blue on Saturday night when my wife was driving it at 60mph in the country. The dpf light had come one and the manual stated that it should be driven at high speed as soon as practical to clear it.

When she drove it the engine totally blew suddenly. The RAC took it back to the dealership and they have exemained it stating that the engine is replaceable under warranty.

I have a case open with Nissan head office but they seem hardly concerned that a car that is barely a year old with under 7k on clock has a blown engine. Dealership have been unabel to provide courtesy car and Nissan refuse to cover cost of hired car.

Has anyone heard of any similiar problems with this model?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Crikey,which model have you got,petrol(engine size) or diesel,173bhp or 150.Think the least dealer can do is give you courtesy car,in fact think they should replace like with like,and Nissan must surely have some press cars sitting around they could let you use.Good Luck,let us know how you get on,not heard of this problem before though lots of people with DPF probs. :frown:

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
FEZBOY509 said:
Bought a brand new Xtrail in Jan 2009 and my wife and I have really enjoyed driving it.

That was until out of the blue on Saturday night when my wife was driving it at 60mph in the country. The dpf light had come one and the manual stated that it should be driven at high speed as soon as practical to clear it.

When she drove it the engine totally blew suddenly. The RAC took it back to the dealership and they have exemained it stating that the engine is replaceable under warranty.

I have a case open with Nissan head office but they seem hardly concerned that a car that is barely a year old with under 7k on clock has a blown engine. Dealership have been unabel to provide courtesy car and Nissan refuse to cover cost of hired car.

Has anyone heard of any similiar problems with this model?
There's a couple of DPF post if you look around. Take a look at these two links, do you have it if so you should be covered for hire car.
https://nissan-careselectedwarranty-inv ... -list.aspx
https://nissan-careselectedwarranty-inv ... lected.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 173 diesel t31 and i have now emailed Managing Director of Nissan UK with a measured complaint running through the facts and why neither my wife or I will ever feel safe driving that particular car and why I want a replacement.

Thanks for the warranty info but that appears to be on cars between 3 and 10 years old. Will search te site for warranty on new cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.