Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am in X-Trailer for a few years now and whatever few issues I have had with my X-Trail I can get sorted handy enough

HOWEVER :headbang:

Around six weeks ago I had began problems with my clutch and I had to put in a new clutch and fly wheel in. When I got my jeep back all was going fine until three weeks ago when I was having trouble starting her. Having done some trouble shooting I discovered that the diesel was leaking away from the injectors over night. My X-Trail runs fine when I get her started and the runs fine al day but again in the morning she wont start. I have also changed the heater plug relay and the heater plugs along with the fuel filter all to no avail. I have also pressure checked all my fuel lines and no leaks.

Can anyone PLEASE help.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi Aidan,

What you might be getting is bore wash. The diesel leaking from the injectors would be washing the oil from the pressure rings in the cylinder overnight which means it takes time when starting in the morning for the engine to lubricate the rings again and allow pressure to be built up in the cylinder so that the diesel can ignite.

My suggestion is to get your injectors tested and cleaned if dirty, or replaced if faulty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.