Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I'm really hoping to get some advice on this before I tow my car to the Nissan main dealer.

My 03 Nissan 2.2 Diesel Sport won't start. After i finished work i fired the car up and it started fine. I was stationary with the engine ticking over fine for 5 minutes and when I went to set off the engine stalled and would not start again. The engine is turning over but it wont fire and run. The engine management light is on but goes off when firing but i think its on for an electrical fault. Diesel is drawing and there is half a tank of petrol. Battery is also fine

Can anyone else shed some light on this. I have had my mechanic out to this but he is not a Nissan expert but he belives it is an electrial fault of some sort?

Any ideas would be much appreciated as I could do without a huge bill.

Thanks in advace

Phil

* Sorry, please could a mod move this to the pre 07 forum. Apologies!*

·
Registered
16 Posts
did you get this problem sorted ,i know this is probably a bit late but you should check the glowplugs relay ( down thw side of battery under air filter intake as the terminals on this can corrode causing starting problems ,let me know how you got on cheers john

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.