Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this place seems a little dead..... I was thinking of a new thread that might get some lurker's talking and give some much needed advice to some of us who are less technical.

Been reading through all the threads since joining and got a lot of info, but some threads are older, stating work done a while back so as a way of letting us know how mods have worked and advice on the best product for future work, we can start a discussion here on what we want to do and the best products to use.

Does that make sense? it is general discussion! Hope i'm not outta line as a newbie!!! I shall start with a new post to be replied to more easily....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So just passed an M.O.T for the exy, needs a service, but might be laid up for a while if plans to go away for a bit come into affect, so shall wait and see and leave the Mods til after then aswell.

Tyres:
Most pressing plan is to replace rear tyres, been getting prices for dunlop ST20's as i had heard they were best for all round use and have got good wear out of thepair i got 3 years ago, so general use tyres, mainly for road use but decent grip when slippy, whats best?

Suspension:
Was told a year ago that the gaiters for the shocks had worn, but shocks still in good nick, would like to upgrade when i need to replace, something a bit better all round, but still, mainly road use. Who's done what, whats best?

Brakes:
I tend to use my car a lot over a short period of time and then have it sat on a sloped drive for up to a couple of months whilst i'm away with the hand brake on, the brakes are still doing well, but having had a caliper seize in the early days, i keep an eye on them, again want to upgrade, have little idea on whats best, i here lots of words like ceramic, drilled, grooved, vented etc, but whats best for general use that can put up with being sat for ages with no major probs?

Head unit:
Had a kick ass stereo on my old corsa, but the speakers, amp, sub and all still sit in a box, am scared of playing to much, i have the stock tape player with cubby box beneath, and 6 disc multichanger down lower, want a double din dvd unit, maybe with satnav installed, channels to fit amp, sub, surround sound as and when i want, plus allowing me to keep steering wheel remote and multi-changer. Nothing super expensive, but a decent unit, who's got what?

Well thats the main for the moment, stainless steel exhaust later on maybe, i'm not loaded by a long way, but i like decent kit that lasts, so thoughts ladies and gentlemen?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts