Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi,

i have a 2003 se plus and i got bars on ebay for mine. only about £30 if i remember rightly.nissan will sell them but they will be far dearer.

i added a third bar right at the back as well as i carry a long kayak and it helps the balance.

very easy to fit as well :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Would be v interested in how you did that,any pics?Mines a 55 reg T30 SVE Dci with Nissan Crossbars,but could do with being able to carry longer items--Yacht boom(wood) about 16' , Rudder about 12' and heavy.Standard bars only about 32" apart,could do with them/or extras as far fwd and r/ward as poss,even if only to give support.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So as a new owner with a load of mates who like to go snowboarding, these rails are a must! I just wanted to double check, my xtrail is a 2003 Sport X with the rails on the top that have lights at the front, and a diffuser at the back. Umbongo does the link you posted fit these ones?

Im a complete Xtrail noob sorry!

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Villers said:
So as a new owner with a load of mates who like to go snowboarding, these rails are a must! I just wanted to double check, my xtrail is a 2003 Sport X with the rails on the top that have lights at the front, and a diffuser at the back. Umbongo does the link you posted fit these ones?
Answer is No you need theNissan X-Trail T-Spec Safari Roof Bars Part number KE730-8H600 price about £180 plus vat and only from main dealers or you can get them on ebay sometimes, you'll just have keep looking.
Here's some photos so you know what to look out for.
Left click mouse to open up jpeg.

1_1275 copy.jpg

1_1276 copy.jpg

Nissan Load Carrier (roof bars) KE730-8H600 BNIB 2 copy.jpg

Nissan Load Carrier (roof bars) KE730-8H600 BNIB copy.jpg

Nissan XTrail T-Spec Roof Bars copy.jpg

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Villers said:
Thats some fantastic info thanks. Very gutted though. Can I clamp cheaper ones to the rails?160 notes is a double pee taking!
Unfortunately not, it's far to dangerous clamping anything other than the proper accessory for the job, you could end up killing someone with a board coming off and going through a windscreen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.