Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Turbo gave up the ghost the other day, driving home heard a loud Whooooosh and pop sound. :( Car managed to keep going but was pretty loud. Had a look myself when I got home but could see nothing obvious. Waited till morning and visited local Nissan in Dunfermline and they confirmed turbo failure. I was pretty depressed at this stage thinking of nothing else but the £1200.00 it was going to cost to replace. :cry:
I was taken aback when they said that it was under extended warranty. My X Trail is 2005 DCI Sport with 45k miles and Nissan would renew as a goodwill gesture as long as full service history is in place. What a relief. :D
Turbo was ordered yesterday and fitted today by our excellent local Nissan dealer, and also well done Nissan for covering the cost of replacement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flear & Thomson, Pittencrieff St in Dunfermline. It's a family run business. I dont normally trust dealers but I will make an exception with this dealer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Glad you got your xtrail fixed without the big expense.
Just got my X-Trail back today from Yeomans Nissan in Bognor Regis after a similar replacement. My Warranty ran out in September but they told me that Nissan have extended the warranty on the turbos as it is a known issue. I believe it is up to 5 Years or 93,000 miles for the turbos. But you need to have service history, and any DIY oil/filter changes keep the receipts just in case they blame the oil.
Took the vehicle in for a check on the discs and had a noise from one of the wheels, mentioned the oil leak and knew what it was likely to be but wanted to get the official answer. It has done 47,000 miles, 36,000 of them this year!!! Was very pleased when they said it was going to be covered by Nissan. Discs also were ok as well, just needed rear pads, and a wheel bearing done. Bonus prize of getting the oil changed as well as the coolant because it was part of getting to the turbo.
Would definitely recommend Yeoman in Bognor as a helpful dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts