Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 55 reg 2.5 petrol x-trail would not start yesterday. I called the AA, when the chap from the AA came my car was on the drive, he asked me if I had moved it a short distance, which I had. He told me this can lead to the car flooding, he started it by turning the key and letting it turn over and over without stopping recommending a maximum time of twenty seconds. He told me if you try to start it with short bursts it can flood more. He also recommended if you move the car a short distance let the engine run for a couple of minutes which prevents flooding.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Daughter's 10 year old 1.0 litre petrol Micra does the same,think probably partly due to auto choke,now always let it run for a couple of mins if I have to move it,can usually hear the engine note change when the choke cuts out.Otherwise totally reliable,only items replaced in 9 years of ownership--1 Battery,2 rear wheel cylinders(rubbers had gone soft,could probably have got away with just new rubbers)plus usual service items.Always starts first turn except as above. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 03 petrol Sport has done this before and has just done it again. I followed your advice (with jump-leads as an extra boost) and it worked a treat. Thanks very much for the tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.