Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice one

I've had mine 6 months now and im always tempted to take it to the site near where I live but always chicken out. Knowing my luck as soon as I drive onto the mud the car will fall over on its side and burst into flames :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
had mine over at Three Holes near wisbech, and it did all the obstacles well.....but then again it was a dry day, might of been different on the wet....the only problem was the seesaw - I forgot when getting off the other end how long the overhang of a XT is...whoops....

Other than that mines been in about 2 foot of water and coped well too. I have a vid of a ford crossing I'll try and upload when I get home.

Robbo :thumbs:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just been playing the snow today in Essex ;)

4 Inches and was out before anyone else

Only a short video and poor quality but my car and other 4x4's obviosuly were the only ones not getting stuck!

Gunna tint the rear window on sunday and getting some 19" Wheels for it, dont wanna go any bigger through fear of loosing ride comfort, Hey im 20 years old ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey, i'll post a link to my vids once uploaded to that popular video site...

I took my 03 xtrail off road once at a playday... took me under 10 mins to put a hole in the sump!
1 hour to get back to roadside and 8 hours for the AA to get me home!

got an 05 exy now SVE, more power and toys... gonna get bashplates, sus lift and all terrains before doing anything more than pulling my c'van off a wet field.

The vids of me snowdrifting on my brothers farm don't count as extreme and only bent an exhaust heat shield...

wonder what my exy will be when it grows up???

ShedLugger

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
evannorfolk said:
Just been playing the snow today in Essex ;)

4 Inches and was out before anyone else

Only a short video and poor quality but my car and other 4x4's obviosuly were the only ones not getting stuck!

Gunna tint the rear window on sunday and getting some 19" Wheels for it, dont wanna go any bigger through fear of loosing ride comfort, Hey im 20 years old ;)
What tyres are you on? I'm still on the much de-rided Dunlops with 5mm left, but in the snow I was pleasently surprised by the traction, only -nearly - got caught out by the almost total lack of braking! The old ABS was doing its stuff, but not much retardation.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Why do you keep saying you are 20 years old?
What difference does that make?

Cant get the second vid to work, think Youtube is playing up.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Tradford said:
Why do you keep saying you are 20 years old?
What difference does that make?

Cant get the second vid to work, think Youtube is playing up.
Oh I just think he is a enthusiastic youngster enjoying his 4x4 and not a dude just driving up and down the street in a awful looking car with a huge exhaust. :thumbs:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, Im only 5 years older than him. I have and never would drive a car like that either. Give me big slow 4x4 anyday.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol because most 20 year olds have a fiesta with a massive exhaust lol.

Standard dunlop all weather tyres, cant remember all the details will post later,

Done a few more mod's too it will post later

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just decided not to take the xtrail offroading much now, bought a discovery 1995 as it got a low ratio gear box,

Great mod for the x-trail though, get some gloss black spray paint and spray the rear lights (take them off the car first)

Yes it isn't legal but when your lights are on it doesn't notice :)

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
ShedLugger said:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=babeboo2528&aq=f

X-Trail greenlaning in Worcestershire with water... :grin:
Kyle, did you ever get around to doing your suspension lift ?................

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice snow drift i must say!

I wish i had filmed more of mine.... Next time the snow comes around there will be lots!

·
Registered
20 Posts
HI,

with the cost of suspension lifts and spacers etc i have not done it yet:(

would love to see some of the strut spacers from Oz and fabricate my own.. need to see them for the correct camber measurement.

noticed a few protection bits fo rthe exy cropping up but not much...

home made it is but when!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all,

I was on my back musing under exy thinking about fabricating my own bash\skid plates, rock sliders and bumpers...
noticed that the front and rear suspension both seemed to be on a X shaped subframe...

SOOOOOO what if I was to space the subframe from the body 100mm, space the strutts 50mm and +50mm springs (prob pedders, don't know the p/n though).

This would raise the truck 100mm in total with standard tyres and more if larger diameters were used. this would maintain the ride comfort (with a upper strut bar) and not increase the angle of the CV joints therefore protecting them... benefit?? engine and transfer box higher out of harm, will I need prop spacers? I'd rather go dished rims than use spacer on the hubs due to stress.. this and bit of body flaring may allow 34" tyres.

Could the box i use to space the body incorporate the sliders and bumpers...?

all pie in the sky thinking but interesting in others musings... I'd like to try and prove this could be done before going nuts (in a few years when the truck is getting on) and fitting Patrol live axles with lockers blah blah.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bit of an update to this, Had someone messaging me on YouTube suggesting Green laning meet for X-Trail owners, Is there already a group for this? or is anyone interested?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update.

Heading to Badwell Ash in Suffolk on 27th February to meet up with Suffolk 4 Wheel Drive Club for a play about and see some landys in action. Give us a shout if you fancy coming along.

evannorfolk - It's "Monkeyheadipswich" off Youtube :)

Adam

1 - 20 of 28 Posts